Moskvitch 401 was a car from Moskvitch introduced in 1945. It is based on the Opel Kadett K38 (1937–1940). After World War II the Soviet Union brought the entire Opel factory with them loaded on 56 railway wagons. They even brought the toilets for the workers with them. Starting in 1948 it was also exported.
It weighs 880 kg and is powered by a 1074 cc sidevalve inline-4 giving 26hp (19kW) and a top speed of 90km/h (56mph). Production ended in 1956 when it was replaced by Moskvitch 402.