The New Renault Kangoo and New Renault Kangoo Express are the new LCV generation in Renault. Based on Scenic and manufactured in Maubeuge, start of sales is Jan'08. A short wheel base version New Kangoo Compact, revealed at AMS2007 will come during spring'08.
The Kangoo and Kangoo Express was/is available with a choice of multiple engines:
- 1.0 litre D-series petrol, 59bhp (8v) / 68bhp (16v)
- 1.2 litre D-series petrol, 60bhp (8v) / 75bhp (16v)
- 1.4 litre 8v Energy petrol, 75bhp
- 1.6 litre 16v K-series petrol, 95bhp
- 1.5 litre dCi turbodiesel, 57/65/68/70/82/85/88/105bhp
- 1.9 litre F-series D diesel, 55/65bhp (normally aspirated, indirect injection)
- 1.9 litre F-series dTi turbodiesel, 80bhp (direct injection)
- 1.9 litre F-series dCi turbodiesel, 80/85bhp
- Electric Electri'cité (limited edition)
- Plug-in Hybrid Elect'road (limited edition)
Some LPG and CNG variants of petrol engines have also been produced.
Cleanova II is a vehicle based on Renault Kangoo, with two electric versions: full-electric vehicle (FEV) and plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHEV).
Also there is a Hybrid Kangoo by Green Propulsion.
Renault has announced the development of an electric Kangoo .
Tourists taken in by the allure of the Kangoo name have been known to complain later on after renting the vehicle that its maximum speed can sometimes be well below the posted speed limits on European roads.