The C3 is available with 1.1 L, 1.4 L and 1.6 L petrol engines, and 1.4 L and 1.6 L HDi engines. All models come with the option of a five speed manual transmission, except for the Stop & Start, which can only be supplied with Citroën's SensoDrive gearbox - a five speed semi-automatic transmission, which has two shifting options of either the fully automated mode, or the paddle-shifted/gear-shifted manual mode. The SX model is the only version that has the option of a four speed fully-automatic transmission.
In accordance with PSA Group policy, the C3's chassis was used for the Peugeot 1007. Many components of the C3 are the same as those of the Peugeot 206, for example the external mirrors.
- L 1.1i and 1.4HDi 70bhp (52kW; 71PS).
- LX 1.4i and 1.4HDi 70bhp (52kW; 71PS).
- Desire 1.1i, 1.4i and 1.4HDi 70bhp (52kW; 71PS).
- SX 1.4i, 1.4i 75bhp (56kW; 76PS) Automatic, 1.4HDi 16v 92bhp (69kW; 93PS) and 1.4HDi 70bhp (52kW; 71PS) Sensodrive.
- Exclusive 1.6i 16v, 1.6i 16v Sensodrive, 1.4HDi 16v 92bhp (69kW; 93PS) and 1.6HDi 92bhp (69kW; 93PS).
- VTR 1.6i 16v.
- XTR 1.4i 16v Sensodrive and 1.4HDi 16v 92bhp (69kW; 93PS).
- Stop & Start 1.4i 16v Sensodrive.